Effective date of this privacy notice: 15th June, 2021
Your privacy and the protection of your personal data is important to us. This Privacy Notice explains the type of personal data Takeda may collect from you and how we use it.
Takeda is a globally operating group of companies. The Takeda enterprise includes the parent company Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, and its affiliated entities (together “Takeda” or “We”). Takeda recognizes and respects the privacy rights of individuals with regards to their Personal Data (as defined below) and is committed to protecting Personal Data and upholding applicable data protection laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562 (2019) (“PDPA”), its implementing rules and regulations and other applicable laws (as amended or replaced from time to time) protecting the privacy of your Personal Data (“Laws”).
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, "information" or “personal data” means any information relating to a person, which enables the identification of such person, whether directly or indirectly, as defined by the Laws and as described below.
We therefore would like to inform you about the collection, use, disclosure, transfer and/or processing (collectively refer to as "process" or "processing") of your personal data below and ask for your consent for certain processing.
Should you contact us to report a problem or make a complaint or otherwise communicate with us, we collect information in order to resolve your query. For contact information related to our local affiliate, please refer to Takeda website at https://www.takeda.com/who-we-are/company-information/worldwide-offices/.
- The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Information
This website is provided to you for sending information about scientific updates, sending invitations to medical and academic events, informing you about promotional events, informing you about scientific cooperation opportunities and carrying out market and consumer surveys, identifying and analyzing business and usage trend, improving and developing Takeda's business.
- Types of Personal Data which will be Collected and How the Personal Data is Collected
For this purpose, we may collect, use, store and disclose information about you, including your name, e-mail address, as well as information about your job title.
When you visit the website, we may also automatically collect technical information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, your usage data etc.
- How We Use Your Personal Data and With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
We processes and discloses your personal data only for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. Our use of your personal data as described above are based on legitimate interest serving our legitimate interests to promote our products and disease awareness; complying with our legal obligations; your consent to receiving email communications.
We may share your information with service providers and business partners around the world with whom we collaborate to fulfil the above purposes (e.g. fulfilment services, technical support, external consultants and external counsels). We may also share your information with other Takeda affiliates and subsidiaries. The sharing of your personal data may involve transfers to other countries. The data protection and privacy laws in these countries may not provide the same level of protection as your home country. Takeda will put in place safeguards to adequately protect your personal data in connection with such transfers.
- Retention Period
We keep your personal data for as long as you use the website. We may also keep your data for a reasonable period following the fulfilment of our services or termination of your relationship with us or discontinuation of your use of our application, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by Laws.
- Takeda ID
If you are creating a Takeda ID that you can use to authenticate multiple Takeda applications (i.e. websites, mobile app. etc.) to obtain a single sign-on experience and enabling you to use the same credentials for multiple Takeda applications Takeda will collect your name, e-mail, password, country, as well as some interaction information to manage your Takeda ID account. Takeda application will use your Takeda ID to verify your identity. The Takeda ID application will have no access to any additional data collected by other Takeda applications.
Takeda uses Okta, a 3rd party service, to manage your Takeda ID. For more information about Okta and their processing of personal data, see www.okta.com/privacy-policy. We will keep your personal data for as long as you are actively using your Takeda ID with one or more of our Takeda applications. Accounts that are inactive for more than two years will be deactivated and account data will be deleted.
For more details about the Takeda ID please follow these links:
You have the right to request access to, rectification and deletion of your personal data or that its use be restricted. If you would like to exercise your individual rights, please contact us by accessing our Individual Rights webform. If you have a complaint about how your personal data is being processed, you also have the right to contact the Data Protection Authority in your country.
- Your Rights as a Data Subject
You have the following rights to manage your personal data as a data subject.
- You may withdraw your consent for Takeda to process your personal data at any time.
- You may access and request for a copy of your personal data which falls within the responsibility of Takeda. Takeda will respond to such requests within 30 business days.
- You may request for your personal data from Takeda where Takeda has rendered your personal data into a format which can be generally read or used with machinery or equipment which works automatically, and whereby the personal data can be used or disclosed through an automatic function. In such case, you have the further right to;
- request Takeda to send or transfer your personal data which has been rendered into such format to another data controller where this can be done through an automatic function; or
- request for the personal data which has been rendered into such format and which Takeda has sent or transferred to another data controller directly, except where this cannot be done because of the technical requirements.
- You may have the right to object to certain collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, such as objecting to direct marketing.
- You may request Takeda to delete or destroy your personal data, or to anonymize your personal data, in the following circumstances:
- it is no longer necessary to store your personal data for the purposes provided under this Privacy Notice; or
- Takeda has no legitimate authority to continue to process your personal data.
- You may request Takeda to suspend using your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Takeda is in the process of reviewing your request to ensure that your personal data is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and is not misleading; or
- it is no longer necessary to store your personal data in accordance with the purposes provided under this Privacy Notice but you have requested for the personal data to continue to be stored by Takeda in order for you to use your personal data for the benefit of your legal rights.
- You may request Takeda to ensure that your personal data is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and is not misleading.
- You may make a complaint in the event that Takeda contravenes or fails to comply with the requirements of the Laws.
- Inquiries and Complaints
If you have any enquiries or would like to submit any complaint about our privacy practices, please send a written request, including your name and contact information (e.g. telephone, email address, mailing address) to us at the email address below.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information about how Takeda processes your personal data and your rights related to this processing please refer to Takeda’s Privacy Notice at www.takeda.com
Would you like to stay in touch? By clicking the box you can stay up to date with email communications from Takeda. You can change your mind at any time.
I grant Takeda permission to send me email communications.